Sunday, December 6, 2009

new love, young love.

Seven times the righteous fall, but seven times he rises up again
Proverbs 24:16


The m7 cycleway and I are getting to know each other. We had our first date about a week ago. It was nice. the cycleway was a gentlemen. He let me know when there were corners up ahead, warned me when the road would get steep, and even offered me some water and a toilet break along the way.

But like most men, there's always complications. By complications, I mean hills. The sneaky bastard would always tell me when I would be going downhill, but conveniently "forgot" to mention that around the next corner was another ascent that would make Lance Armstrong's one testicle shrink in on itself.

But regardless of this, I was completely smitten with my new love. And so is Gigi.

Until today.

Today was an enigma. An anomaly. A weather infused torture chamber than nearly saw my demise. I apologise to the drivers on the m7 who had to witness the last 10kms of my ride. It wasnt pretty. But it got done.

Just quietly, I think mission Tour de France 2010 had a bit of setback today. Time will tell if I can get the campaign back on track. Gigi and I need to go and take a long hard look at ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment