Monday, February 15, 2010

Overcoming

"You have overcome, because greater is the one who is in you, than he who is in the world"
1 John 4:4

Dude, seriously. What is wrong with bike shop assistants? I'll come back to that question.

For several months now, I have severely neglected my beloved Gigi. I dont want to have to worry about these so called "important" things like cleaning the bike chain, checking the tyres, changing cables, tuning the brakes (do you even tune brakes?). I just want to ride and hope that the bike fairies will deal with the maintenance.

But alas, no such luck.

To my horror, I discovered rust on Gigi....it was at this point that I decided I had better get my act together and start to look after her.

Unfortunately, there was one monster obstacle in my way, that being...........the absolute retardedness (yes that's a word) of my local bike shop. I cop less abuse in a Parramatta jersay at a Bulldogs game.

However, refusing to be overcome by their poor display of human interaction and customer service, I bit the bullet and finally took Gigi in for her first health check.

Yes, I took Oliver in for back up.

Yes, they thought he was my husband.......yes that was weird.

So right now I am bikeless, and the poorer for it. I miss my Gigi.....


No comments:

Post a Comment