Sunday, November 8, 2009

Exercising wisdom, not just legs

A simple man believes anything,
but a prudent man gives thought to his steps.
Proverbs 14:15

So I discovered today that I have been very simple and not very prudent with my cycling.

Here's what I learnt during my 24km ride:

1. Cycling shorts are a jolly good sight better then demin cut offs;

2. One does need water whilst riding (frothing at the mouth is an indication of dehydration not rabies, ha who knew); and

3. It apparantly helps to eat prior to exercising (thus eliminating the black out effect experienced on previous rides).

On a side note, I did stop to help a fellow cyclist who appeared to be having some difficulties with his bike chain. The conversation resembled something like this:

Me: Are you alright?
Him: The chain came off, I got it back on but it doesnt seem to be catching
Me: Catching what?
Him: the pedals
Me: the chain isnt meant to be on the pedals
Him: *silence*

clearly I lost him with my advanced knowledge of bike anatomy. My comment obviously helped because he lapped me several times shortly afterwards.

I mentioned 24km, another personal best. Definately on track for Tour de France 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment